Washington, DC | Managing Director/Senior Managing Director – Financial Investigations/Forensic Accounting
About the Position
Wolf Global financial investigations combine forensic accounting, asset tracing, intelligence analysis, digital forensics, and witness debriefings to help clients and their counsel respond to government and regulatory enforcement actions, prosecute and defend commercial disputes, identify financial misconduct, prove fraud, and enforce judgments.
Wolf Global is routinely sought out by notable law firms, specialist boutiques, corporates, and governments, to conduct complex cross-border investigations, corporate internal and government directed investigations, global investigations, financial investigations, asset tracing.
Wolf Global is a true investigations consultancy, working closely with clients and their counsel, providing advice on what evidence might exist, where it might reside and how to get to it; and providing the capabilities and resources to get it done. We don’t just follow the money, we literally show where and how it was spent—whether it was diverted to other companies, laundered to evade sanctions, or spent on five-star hotels, supercar rentals, or private jets.
Provide leadership and direction
- Serve as a critical team member to help lead client engagements and deliver a world class investigative product.
- Understand why an investigation is required, develop an investigative plan to meet those requirements, staff the investigation, delegate tasks, direct multidisciplinary teams, and handle all elements of execution.
- Manage important client relationships.
- Work with our clients and our teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of investigations.
Originate business and bolster practice marketing and recruiting initiatives
- As a senior member of the firm’s Investigations practice, you will originate business by raising awareness of Wolf Global’s unique investigations services among top tier law firms, corporates, private equity and venture capital firms, and government agencies.
- You will attend industry events, steer thought leadership perspectives, and drive topics internally.
- You will identify, interview, and recruit new candidates to the firm, at various levels, who would ultimately report to you.
Enhance collaboration and client improvement strategies among Wolf Global’s Risk, Resilience, and Transaction Advisory practices
- You will build relationships of trust with existing and new clients and determine how Wolf Global can help those clients better navigate risks, respond to crises, and seize opportunities.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial investigations or forensic accounting experience, including at least 5 years in a top tier management consulting firm, public accounting firm, audit firm, or investigations consulting firm.
- Proven ability to develop new business.
- Proven ability to lead practice development activities and help build the Investigations practice.
- Exceptional reputation among clients and colleagues.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Proven ability to interface with c-suite and senior executive team members, senior litigators, and senior corporate lawyers.
- CPA, CFE, or MBA preferred.
- Expertise in government enforcement and white collar investigations, FCPA, sanctions, and money laundering, preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wolf Global
Wolf Global is a global business advisory firm trusted by corporates, governments, private clients, and their counsel, to find and create solutions to complex, often unprecedented, situations and crises.