Washington, DC | Managing Director/Senior Managing Director – Investigations & Disputes
About the Position
Wolf Global combines litigation and trial experience with global investigations and crisis management experience to help clients and their counsel respond to and navigate legal, commercial, financial, and reputational risks and crises. That means thinking in terms of proof, knowing how the rules of evidence and the jury instructions will be applied, and knowing how a judge or a jury will react—whether in a court of law or the court of public opinion, a conference room at the United States Attorney’s Office or a conference room at a global bank.
Wolf Global is routinely sought out by notable law firms, specialist boutiques, multinational and prominent corporates, international banks, global financial services firms, insurers, and governments, to conduct complex cross-border investigations, corporate internal and government directed investigations, global investigations, financial investigations, asset tracing, and international investigative due diligence.
Wolf Global is a true investigations consultancy, working closely with clients and their counsel, providing advice on what evidence might exist, where it might reside and how to get to it; and providing the capabilities and resources to get it done. Simply put, we use investigations to resolve high-exposure matters carrying significant legal, commercial, financial, or reputational consequences.
Provide leadership and direction
- Serve as a critical team member to help lead client engagements and deliver a world class investigative product.
- Be responsible for understanding why an investigation is required, developing an investigative plan to meet those requirements, staffing the investigation, delegating tasks, directing multidisciplinary teams, and handling all elements of execution.
- Manage important client relationships.
- Work with our clients and our teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of investigations.
Originate business and bolster practice marketing and recruiting initiatives
- As a senior member of the firm’s Investigations practice, you will originate business by raising awareness of Wolf Global’s unique investigations services among top tier law firms, corporates, private equity and venture capital firms, and government agencies.
- You will attend industry events, steer thought leadership perspectives, and drive topics internally.
- You will identify, interview, and recruit new candidates to the firm, at various levels, who would ultimately report to you.
Enhance collaboration and client improvement strategies among Wolf Global’s Risk, Resilience, and Transaction Advisory practices
- You will build relationships of trust with existing and new clients and determine how Wolf Global can help those clients better navigate risks, respond to crises, and seize opportunities.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience, including at least five years in a top tier law firm, investigations consulting firm, or management consulting firm.
- Proven ability to develop new business.
- Proven ability to lead practice development activities and help build the Investigations practice.
- Exceptional reputation among clients and colleagues.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Proven ability to interface with c-suite and senior executive team members, senior litigators, and senior corporate lawyers.
- Juris doctor, CPA, or MBA preferred.
- Forensic accountant or former prosecutor, preferred.
- Expertise in government enforcement and white collar investigations, FCPA, sanctions, and money laundering, preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wolf Global
Wolf Global is a global business advisory firm trusted by corporates, governments, private clients, and their counsel, to find and create solutions to complex, often unprecedented, situations and crises.